Friday, November 30, 2018

#744 Indian Seagull

As our ship sailed into the Kochi harbor, the bright yellow sign at the Hotel Seagull caught my eye and I snapped a picture.

That picture was the start of a wonderful relationship.
Hotel Seagull
On day 2 of our stay in Kochi, a dinner group formed around the idea of eating at the Seagull's waterfront restaurant. Our mode of transit: the chaotic tuktuk.
Tuktuk driver, Me, Abby
We were all smiles after devouring our Seagull meal.
Our excellent host that night was Rajesh.
Abby, Rajesh, Bob
When I showed Rajesh the photo of his yellow sign, he raved and asked me to email the photo.

On day 4, another dinner group formed around the idea of revisiting the Seagull.
Mariah, Tom, Judy, Bob, Kelly, Marni, Mary, Abby

When we arrived, Rajesh's big smile let me know something was up. He motioned me to follow him, away from the restaurant hubbub, behind the scenes, and into an office toward a large desk. There amid the clutter, a color copy of my Seagull photo was under glass, on display.

Pointing, Rajesh exclaimed, "Your photo! Your photo!" as my photographic pride skyrocketed.

Yours in photo connections,
Kelly    

1 comment:

  1. Good times beasts our excitement 4 tornados on friday.House looks good though traffic Saturday was awful.So many people coming in to look.Highway 60 was closed for24 hrs cleaning debries.Southerlands probably wont be open soon.

    ReplyDelete