The people from New York and Rio de Janeiro gave wearied and disgusted looks, as they pushed past the newshounds. But a few travelers were easily stopped, because they were from cities like Indianapolis, Indiana, or Manchester, England, where it was considered rude not to acknowledge someone who asked you a question.
We sold our Indy home (on picturesque Vermont Street) and we’re now waxing nostalgic all over the place.
- how’s the cultural trail coming along?
- has the interim downtown library closed to move to its new digs?
- what’s going on in the old neighborhood?
- how was the Lockerbie 4th of July parade?
- is Bazbeaux still selling pizza on Mass Ave?
- are the Colts going to repeat as champions?
- is the smartest guy we know still bagging groceries?
- what’s going on with you?
Yours in waxing nostalgic,