Thursday, December 11, 2008

#356 Christmas memories

"Time is unstuck for me now. I am rampant with memory for no reason except that I'm caught up in it." - Hagar, "The Stone Angel"

Unpacking my Mary Jo stocking opened the Christmas memory flood gates. That stocking has seen a LOT of Christmas mornings.
And here are a few other memories that are starting to show some age...

1963 Fairfax, Virginia With my brother and younger sister not really dressed for the holidays but still on our best behavior in case Santa should be watching.
1965 Fairfax, Virginia With my brother and two younger sisters in our holiday finest. How come I don't have a cool hat or a cool purse?
And finally, to make all the Christmas memories come rushing back, I enjoy watching the Grinch how it should be watched: on this rabbit-eared, old-school Christmas TV site.   Nod to Todd.
Yours in full-on, sappy, Christmas sentimentality,
Mary

2 comments:

  1. That middle kid in the '63 photo is definitely up to no good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, come on. You surely must know that I'm not the guilty one in this photo! At least that's what I always told Mom and Dad...

    - Innocently,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete