Wednesday, March 08, 2017

#713 Yellowstone reading

When I visited the Air Capital of the World last week, I read The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty, a novel set in Wichita.  I loved the look into the life of Louise Brooks, the airplane industry's impact on Wichita, and the happenings there of the 1920s, 30s, and 40s.   
So now that I'm here in Yellowstone, what novels should I next read?  Lucky for me I'm hanging out with park librarians. 

Jessi is an expert on the fiction books held by the Yellowstone Research Library.  (See Romance in Wonderland.)  So using my new Yellowstone library card, I check out some of the best: Bachelor Father, Letters from Yellowstone, and The Discovery at the Dragon's Mouth.  I'm particularly eager to get lost in the story of hunky Zeke Lonetree, the "independent, loyal, reserved, kind, idealistic" park ranger and hero of Bachelor Father.

Kelly's reading choices today are slightly more, shall I say, fact-based. 

Yours in Yellowstone reading,
Mary Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment